Rusted Olive creates a look of luxury and grace when used alongside cremes, golds and chocolates. Also use it when creating islands! Developed for resin & acrylic artists
Tips & Sneaky Tricks
Rusted Olive LUXE Powder is one of our most versatile and realistic powders for island, tree and mountain lovers due to the color shift from a rich soil hue to coppers to a shimmering earthy green making it a best seller for those that create natural elements in their art.
Rusted Olive LUXE Powder pairs well with Amazon Reef LUXE Powder, 24k LUXE Powder, Champagne LUXE Powder, Satin Blush LUXE Powder, Kaleidoscope Flakes ('Raven's Wings'), French Caramel LUXE Crushed Mirror, an Victorian Gold LUXE Crushed Mirror.
* When creating islands, sea shores or mountains, stir in Rusted Olive LUXE Powder for a realistic, life-like effect.
* There is no limit or ratio to follow when adding WMA powders to resin. You decide how much you’d like depending upon how strong of an effect you want (metallic, pearl or color shift)
* Add to clear resin or pigmented resin for completely different effects, both with stunning results.
* Add a powder that matches your acrylic color somewhat closely for stunning results.
For instance, add Rusted Olive LUXE Powder to browns and chocolate acrylic palettes.
* Stir your LUXE Powder into your acrylic mixture (I use Floetrol + acrylics), then add as much powder as you like to get the desired effect.
Note: The powders thicken the acrylic mixture so add more Floetrol to help it to run smoother.
* For the strongest effect, sprinkle or toss WMA powders on top of your art WHILE wet (use a non toxic top coat like WYNN modern art. WaterFX CLEAR or resin once cured and dried)
For MORE Tips & Sneaky Tricks, follow Victoria Wynn on YouTube here:
If you’re ready to deep dive into Victoria Wynn’s personally innovated techniques, purchase one of her 5-Star Rated Online Courses: