This one’s for the artist’s out there NEW to fluid art, flow art and resin art.
My TOP 10 list of Fluid Art Truths
1. Create for the love of it FIRST, sell second
2. Assume all your socks will be ruined
3. Assume the floor despite plastic and tarps will be ruined (aka artistically enhanced)
4. Cells aren’t the end all. I sold a $3k painting with not a cell in sight
5. Chop off hair (or put it in a pony tail)
6. Mix more than you think you’ll need
7. Artists don’t have to be poor, but a paid one DOES have to work diligently and know their way around marketing and social media
8. Don’t worry about rejection, this is for you first and foremost ❤️ Have fun!
9. Say sorry to your manicurist
10. Keep it simple. I typically choose 2-3 colors including white– remember, white is magical! (as is Floetrol)
And my personal favorite… Stay in the mindset of abundance. Your art will be stunning coming from this energy. ✨
Use the supplies you’ve always wanted! Add metallic powders, rocks and crushed glass. Get great canvases. Use as much pouring medium as you darn well please!Give to charities. Make sure you do pieces for yourself weekly, simply for the fun of it!
CEO and LUXE Fluid Artist, WYNN modern art.
Email suggestions for topics here: firstname.lastname@example.org